Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Does a Mother's Day out and homeschool co-op that operates…

Does a Mother's Day...

Does a Mother's Day out and homeschool co-op that operates in a church need a license or permit? Monday-Thursday 9:30-2:30

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Dallas, TX

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. But the Fire Marshall was asking if we have a permit

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are covered by the church's insurance, and we consider ourselves a mother's day out (2-3 years old) and preschool through 1st grade.

Answered in 1 day by:
3/14/2018
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm Wendy, a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still need assistance.
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Have you contacted the city? As a general rule, any childcare operation, even a church operated coop, is going to require registration or a license.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have contacted the city. The person that I spoke with said that we were fine for our kids 2 years old through kindergarten. The 1st grade and up needs a lisence. But i can’t find the exemption in the list. I was needing it for the fire Marshall.

What she told you makes sense,

Did you ask the person you spoke to at the city for a citation. They usually have that information handy. It would likely be a local ordinance.

Do you have the list handy?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Care/documents/Standards_and_Regulations/Chapter_42_Texas_Human_Resources_Code.pdf

I think is might be under 42.041(3)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!!!

You are very welcome.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you for using JA.

Loren, Attorney
Loren, Attorney