Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Original answer - if i file at 12pm instead of 10am when…

Customer Question
original answer - if i...
original answer - if i file at 12pm instead of 10am when it's due. would this be ok?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/12/2018
Business Lawyer: legalg, Attorney replied 4 months ago
legalg
legalg, Attorney

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Normally the court timelines are strictly enforced so if there is a requirement that a filing be filed by 10am, it must be filed no later than that time.

Now the court may use its "equitable powers" (what is just and fair) and extend the time frame if justice requires it (ie if there is a valid reason for the delay that was beyond the party's control). This may be requested by motion of the party, or by the court.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.