Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have a question about a 2016 Tax Transcript my husband and…

I have a question about...
I have a question about a 2016 Tax Transcript my husband and I requested from IRS and info on that transcript.We have a CPA file our taxes, married filing jointly, every year like clockwork with our names with my husband being first (first, mi, last,jr) and me secondly, with my name, (first, mi, last)But when we received the Tax Transcript from IRS, it was all complete and socials were correct and my husband's name was perfect but my name was only noted with my first and last name only, with No middle initial.Is this an error on our CPAs part or IRS?Thank you.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Take your time

It could just be an oversight from the IRS. It would not affect the legitimacy of the transcript, so long as the other identifying information (name, ss#, etc.) was included and accurate.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Thank you. Do you think it may be a result of how our cpa filed our taxes? I always sign my name first, middle and last on everything because it is a fairly common name

It is possible. It is also possible that it is a data entry error at the IRS.

In either event, it should not be cause for concern.

Loren, Attorney
Ok, thank you so much for the info. I am just a stickler for making sure everything is done right. Thank you for your time.

You are very welcome. Thanks for using JA.

You are welcome. I rated you five stars and added a tip.

You are very kind. Much appreciated.