Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am a doctor practicing In India. Is it possible for me to…

I am a doctor...

I am a doctor practicing In India. Is it possible for me to open a medical care centre, basically providing diagnostics, in states of US?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

I am still in India and do not have medical practice licence in US but I would like to open the centre as business in California or Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

No it is the preliminary enquiry before I go ahead investing capital

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that am I authorised / allowed to do so?

3/11/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney

You would have to get a license from the medical board in California to practice in California and from the board in Texas to practice in Texas.

In the US, each state does its own regulation, so you apply to each state. Your Indian credentials should be acceptable, as we have many Indian trained doctors here.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

As per my understanding Indian medical credentials are only acceptable for practice once you clear USMLE. However, my query stands for the business purpose. If you could further clarify whether I can do the medical diagnostics business with my Indian credentials or do I need to appear for the above mentioned examination?

you need to appear for the above mentioned examination if you hold yourself out as a medical doctor in the US

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney