Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Having looked into this before and had gotten conflicting…

Customer Question
Hello, having looked into this...
Hello, having looked into this before and had gotten conflicting info, what is the most time sensitive and frugally responsible way to incorporate a business? Llc or sole proprietorship? And do I need a to pay for a registered agent service? Thank you.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/10/2018
Business Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist. The least expensive and fastest way to set up a business as a domestic entity in NY (meaning that your principal place of business will be in NY) is to form and file for a corporation. Filing can be done online and it is only $125 to file articles of incorporation. If you will be operating in NY, you can act as your own registered agent.

Here's the fee schedule:

https://www.dos.ny.gov/corps/fees_corp.html

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please be sure to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.