Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Not sure if this is business law but didn't know what else…

Not sure if this is...
Not sure if this is business law but didn't know what else to choose from the list provided.Does a person need a lawyer to establish a power of attorney? Or can I download a form from legal zoom or some other site and just have person sign it in front of a witness?
3/9/2018
Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
it does. Thank you so much.
I assume a will can be done the same way?

You also do not need an attorney to execute a will. The Florida statute regarding how a will must be executed is found in Florida Statutes Section 732.502.

You do not have to have a will notarized in Florida. But if you want to have a self -proving will (this is where the signing witnesses do not have to come into court to prove the will) you must have the will notarizes

Again Legal Zoom would have good instruction on how to properly execute a will in Florida. Also take a look at Nolo: Making A Will In Florida.

Thomas

Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
Ok. Thank you again. For your knowledge, time and responsiveness.

Good luck. If I have been helpful, please consider giving a positive rating.

Thomas