Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have entered into a contract with a company and given them…

Customer Question
I have entered into a...
I have entered into a contract with a company and given them $15k go be a 12% Owner of 5 acres. This company/ person has blocked my number and I feel he will not follow through on the agreement. What can I do to get my money back?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Business Law
3/9/2018
Business Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist.

You will need to file suit against the company for your 12% interest or for the return of your capital contribution in the company. You can file suit yourself or hire an attorney. I recommend that you hire an attorney.

You can find a local attorney on the CA Bar Attorney Referral website:

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public/Need-Legal-Help/Lawyer-Referral-Service

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Lori, there is a good chance that the company is fake and the farm may not exist. If that isn’t the case he is a con artist and has stolen the 15k. What do I do then?
You will have to then sue him for your money back in damages.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried several times to get a hold of Joe the person I entered into the contract with and the owner of Jampad LLC, he has ignored all my phone calls and texts and it seems blocked my number. When I called him from a different number he actually called that back but I missed it. So we texted him, to try to get him to come out to a public restaurant, pretending to be a woman he knew. He eventually called and I was able to speak with him briefly before he hung up on me. He then texted this;
“Since it appears you like to play games, I hope you know the rules for the big boys games.
Your going to bust my balls after being in the hospital for the last week?
If you were so " concerned " this stream of texts wouldn't have started the way it did.
Game on!!”To me this seems threatening and he has repeatedly told me he has a desert eagle 50 caliber rifle and he’s not afraid to use it. What should I do?

You need to file suit as soon as possible to get your money back = breach of contract, fraud and fraudulent and deceptive trade practices. You should also file a consumer complaint against him and his company for fraud:

https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

If you feel threatened by him, I also recommend the filing of a petition for a restraining order against him.

Lori
Lori
Lori, Attorney