Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

We are an electrical contractor and we were working with a…

We are an electrical contractor...
We are an electrical contractor and we were working with a partner and while he was our partner he did very bad work and we are now being called back to jobs he did and we are having to fix and pay. Can we hold this partner liable and is he responsible for paying some of these costs?
3/8/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

ok. thank you

Yes, you can hold the partner liable. You should determine the amounts it has cost you, the partner's share, and then make demand. If partner refuses, then you can have a lawyer send a demand letter, and if needed sue in court to get a judgment or settlement for the amount owing!

A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
who do I contact for the letter?
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
ok. I have another question

go ahead.

would appreciate a 5 star rating now or thereafter.

this is for construction work in california. We are going up north for a job. DO I have to pay them drive time up to the job and if I do at their reg rate or minimum wage? Also What is the per-diem rate I need to pay for room and board?
thank you

You should pay drive time.

You should pay at agreed rate, and not less than min wage.

Room and board to the extent need should be subject to receipt of receipts and something sides can agree on fixed rate.

Kindly rate me 5 stars for the answers.

leaving a bonus always appreciated

drive time is paid to all in the vehicle or the one driving?
I am still not sure on the room and board. I have to pay it all or give them a set amount? Is there a minimum amount by law?
I have to pay drive time to and from the job?

If someone works for you and is commuting as part of the job, whether driving or not, need to be paid.

drive time to the extent it exceeds their commute from home to work and vice versa.

actual room and board spent, and you may condition where they stay. No set amount, but you can require they stay at a hotel not costing more than X or spend on meals more than Y

Infolawyer, Attorney
Ok. Thank you