Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Which is better to set up an LLC or Sole proprietor or doing…

Customer Question
Which is better to set...
Which is better to set up an LLC or Sole proprietor or doing business as
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/8/2018
Business Lawyer: legalg, Attorney replied 4 months ago
legalg
legalg, Attorney
It really depends on what the goals of the individual is. For example while a sole proprietorship and a dba can be more simpler to set up and for tax purposes many people prefer an LLC because it provides more protection from liability if set up properly. Since it is a separate legal entity so long as the proper procedure is followed and personal and corporate assets are not commingled, the LLC is not liable for personal debts and vice versa.Thus summarized the differences between the different structures.https://www.sos.state.tx.us/corp/businessstructure.shtml(That is applicable throughout the US but I provided that link because it is a good summary.If setting up an LLC it is generally best to hire an attorney to assist because too often the person (s) attempting to set it up themselves often cannot foresee the various possible issues that should be addressed.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.