Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

H, name is, my future husband sent me a box from

Customer Question
Hi, name is *****...

Hi, name is ***** ***** future husband sent me a box from afrgahanistan in nov. i had to pay over 6075dollars to het it in the us to get delivery to me threw Globallink delivery service. Once it got to texas on its way to me , they wanted to inspection the box and the instruction was only to be open by the addresee. texas custom charge me 10500 dollars for non inspection certificate, dued to my health it took a while for me to come up with the money, because i was on disability dued to a knee surgery and metal implant.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Yes i got the non inspection certficate obtain on yesterdAY, WHILE AWAITING FOR MY DELIVERY OF MY BOX, I WAS INFORM BY GLOBALLINK LINK THAT TEXAS CUSTOMS WANTS A 200 DOLLARS A DAY FEE FOR HOLDING THE BOX SINCE NOV 17,2017, WHICH THEY PUT A STOP ON. THEY NOW WANT A FEE FOR THE BOX OF $18,000 DOLLARS. NEED HELP I SCAPE UP THE 10,000 DOLLARS. BECAUSE I JUST WENT BACK TO WORK FROM BEING OFF FROM JULY2017 -THRU JAN,2018. CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME SOME LEGAL OR ASSISTANCE IN GETTING BOX.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

THIS IT , I WANT MY BOX

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
I RECEIVED THE NON INSPECTION CERTIFICATE ON MONDAY, WHEN THE COURIER WENT TO OBTAIN MY BOX FROM TEXAS CUSTOMS, THEY IMPOSE A FEE OF 200 DOLLARS DAILY FOR SAFE KEEPING/STORAGE OF MY BOX TOTALING 18,000 DOLLARS.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/8/2018
Business Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

OKAY,PLEASE ASAP.. THIS IS A MILITARY PERSONAL, MY FINANCE WHO SENT ME THE BOX. JUST CANT BELIEVE THERE DOING THIS TO A MILITARY PERSON FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOM. JUST CANT BELIEVE IT,

Unfortunately, you have fallen for a military romance fraud. You're not going to want to hear it, but anyone remotely familiar with the military will tell you much the same thing. There is no future husband. There is no box. The customs documents are forged and the only thing real about this whole thing is the money you have lost.

Soldiers in a war zone must use military mail. They don't get time out during a war to go arrange for shipping parcels. Military mail is cleared at the base and would never go through customs.

Here's all you need to know:

- Soldiers in a war zone cannot internet date.

- Soldiers in a war zone CANNOT REVEAL THEIR ACTUAL LOCATION.

-- Soldiers in a war zone ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE MOBILE PHONES.

-- They must use their official military email addresses for all communication, and they only get a half hour online per week for all of their correspondence.

All of the above restrictions are required for national security reasons and they get enforced. YOU'D HAVE NEVER HEARD FROM THIS PERSON IN THE FIRST PLACE IF HE WERE REALLY NOW IN AFGHANISTAN.

Soldiers earn leave the way that civilians earn vacation time -- from their time spent in the military. It's theirs. They own it. They do not have to pay to take it. Civilians cannot request leave for any soldier. All the soldier has to do is to apply for it himself and it's granted.

Soldiers in war zones use US Military mail. They must for security reasons. They don't use FedEx, UPS or anything else in that vein in Afghanistan and they have no access to "diplomatic couriers."

The US Army pays for a soldier's transportation. They also pay for his medical care and his family's.

Here's a warning from the US Army itself about such scams, and if after reading my entire answer you don't know whether to believe me or not, hopefully, you will believe them.

http://www.army.mil/article/67457/

Here's an article from a soldier's wife, that's also instructive.

http://marriedtothearmy.com/are-you-dating-an-army-soldier-or-a-fake/

If you need to be convinced with firmer proof, try these tips as they are FOOLPROOF:

1) Ask your scammer for his official military email address. This is not classified information. A real US soldier may have a classified email address as well, but he also has a regular military email address with which he writes to his friends and family. Every soldier does because it is the only one he is supposed to use. When he gives his email address to you, it should end in .mil It will NOT end in .com In other words, it should look like John.Doe @us.army.mil

If the email address doesn't end in us.army.mil on the extreme right side of the @ sign, he is a fake. Only US servicemen can get a .mil email address, and if he can't produce one that you can email him back and forth with, he's scamming you. Period.

There are ways they can fake that on the sending end but not on the return, so if he emails you from what appears to be a us.army.mil email address, when you go to reply, you need to type his .mil email address in manually. If he never receives it, he's a fake.

2) Get his full name, army identification number and date of birth and enter it on the US Military's website. This too, is not classified information and, in fact, would be information he'd have to disclose if he were ever captured.

The site I am linking you to below is an official US Department of Defense site where you can make a Single Record Request that will tell you if he is or ever was a soldier. If he won't give you the information you need to use the site, then you know he's a scammer. He has no reason to refuse to give it to you. If he does but the site doesn't recognize him or contradicts what he's told you, that tells you he's a scammer too.

https://scra.dmdc.osd.mil

The above are foolproof. If he can't or won't give you what you ask for then he's a fake, no matter what else he tries to say or show you.

This last doesn't always work, but when it does it's really dramatic:

3) Upload his photo to Google's Search by Image and see if the same photo is being used all over the web on a bunch of different names and profiles. If you can't figure out how to use Search by Image you can upload documents and photos to me through by using the link that says +Add files to the left of the send box.

www.Images.google.com

Once you are sure that he's a fraud, the US military wants these predators reported to the FBI at their Internet Crime Complaint Center. You can do it online at www.IC3.gov

I've been dealing. Globallink courier. Services, I. Have a. Certificate of DEPOSIT. And a. Non inspection certificate. And. You saying it's. A FRAUD.

Yes. I am saying it's all a fraud. Your certificate will be a fake and when you talk to "Globallink" you're talking to one of the team of scammers.

Soldiers fighting a war cannot use commercial mail services. The military provides them with a free mail service and it doesn't go through customs. You've got a scammer who keeps inventing new ways to keep you sending your money to him. But none of this is a real story.

I know you don't want to believe this because you have developed feelings for the person you think he is. So upload his photos and your Certificates so that I can see them, and give me his full name and date of birth, so that I can show you that you need to stop throwing your good money after bad.

Waiting for. Ssn#

Okay. Meanwhile, you can upload the photos of him and documents.

How do I do that?? Have them in my. Phone.

You'd have to send them to your computer's desktop then use the link that I mentioned before that says +Add files to upload them to me.

Will. Upload. Information, when I get ssn#

Yes. So you've said.

Don't. Have ssn# really. And. He doesn't have mine

Don't give him yours. Just ask him for his military ID#, full name, and date of birth.

I. Will
I will

ok

Believe me. Soon as. I get. It!!

I know. But I am required to answer you each time that you reply. So if you don't have anything new to tell me, please just wait until you get the information before posting to me.

There is no need for you to reply to this now. Please just wait until you have news.

Hello, my. Box is now in New. YORK. And. New York AIRPORT CUSTOMS scan my. Military box, the. Contents. PAPERS and. Money. NOW SAYING I'm MONEY laundering

Your box is nowhere. There is no box. There is no soldier. It's all a scam.

If you were really money laundering, you'd be arrested and charged under the Patriot Act. Nobody would contact you in advance. Federal agents would come to your door and arrest you. Instead, you're going to be asked for money to release the box.

Stop believing all of these very stupid lies. Block all further communication with these thieves. This is all about getting more of your money.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.