Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

My husband and I own a small concrete construction company.

My husband and I...

My husband and I own a small concrete construction company. In the summer/fall of 2016 my husband was asked by another local business ,owner who ran an excavating company, to trade work. The guy had us pour a pool deck and made a decorative waterfall cave. He was to provide materials and my husband provided the labor they were happy with the work. The excavating company was to the dig us a half an acre pond in trade for our labor... I have had several unsuccessful attempts to resolve the issue. They have not even stepped foot on the property. So 10 days ago I sent an email recounting the agreement specifically and asked that they now pay us what would have been the charge for our labor on this job as they have not fulfilled their part. What are my options

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Indiana. And no this is the first time we have ran into this. I don't even know what I should be asking for

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Nothing yet. Was going to do that today but wasn't sure what to file

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/8/2018
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist. Give me a moment to review and type my reply.

F​irst -- if you still have lien rights, I recommend liening the job where you did work (pool deck).

Second, I recommend that you send a demand letter to the excavator to enforce your verbal agreement. You will need to demand performance by a date certain (such as 5 days) or you will file suit against them for damages for breach of the contract.

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please remember to accept my response and post a positive rating.

Lori
Lori, Attorney
How do I know if I have Lien rights? And I did send an email with 10 days being up today. Is that sufficient?
Phone call session started

G​ood luck.