Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

My business is not doing well and I may be forced to file…

My business is not doing...
My business is not doing well and I may be forced to file bankruptcy soon. I have an ongoing sales tax audit and due to a software issue the correct amount of sales tax was not collected and I expect to owe about $50k. What happens if my s corp files chapter 7 and is dissolved before I get the results of the audit? The audit has been ongoing for a year now
3/8/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
You would include this claim in the bankruptcy on filing. It would be listed in the schedules. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”. If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not received the results of the audit yet, so there is nothing technically due yet. What if the corporation is dissolved can they come after me personally
On taxes, yes. Better to await results and try to work out a settlementPlease let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you! If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have been trying to rate you and it won't let me click the starts, not sure why
Thanks. Please try again. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Attorney
Infolawyer, Attorney