Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I was the director of a startup business that never took off…

Customer Question
Hi,I was the director of...
Hi,I was the director of a startup business that never took off and has recently been dissolved.Currently our website domain is still the same as the name of the old company- and when you google us there are two google search results with links to business information sites that list the director names and the fact we've been dissolved.I'd like help drafting a take down request to Google to get these links removed from the search results but am unsure of the best argument to put forward.Any advice greatly appreciated
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/8/2018
Business Lawyer: KLAW, Attorney replied 3 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Attorney
Good morning. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you this morning
You would have to phrase the letter indicating that your company has been dissolved. Also state that your current website domain is still the same as the name of the old company- and when a google search is performed, two google search results with links to business information sites that list the director names and the fact the company has been dissolved comes up when searched. You must stress that this causes consumers to be confused and it should be removed.The letter should include some of the following.I would like to hereby formally request the removal ***add in what you want removed***** personal and private details from your company database as soon as possible.I have recently noticed an increased amount of junk mail as well as telephone calls from companies that I have never been in touch with in the past which are very disruptive and intrusive. In order to avoid this from continuing, I prefer have ***specifically state what you want removed**** removed completely from your database.Please confirm to me in writing that this has been done.thank you,I hope this clarifies and helps. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question with stars
Hi,Thanks for the reply.The link causing the damage is https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Digital-Skills-Institute-Limited-560622Solocheck.ie are listing my home address on the above link and they don't have anything on the FAQ page about dealing with takedown requests.Are you suggesting I contact solocheck.ie directly or Google?If Google, do you believe this is the strongest possible line of argument? Is there anything else I could say to get google to prioritize this takedown request?PS. I have one more question: is it illegal to take money out of the bank account of a dissolved company? The dissolution came as a surprise to me. The company had zero debt and the bank card is currently still working. Are there penalties for taking money out after dissolution?

The question is form Ireland and I am in the US. The question was routed to the US site by mistake. I will send the question back for an Irish attorney to assist.