Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I want to start a hemp based CBD oil business. Hemp is very…

Hi! I want to...

Hi! I want to start a hemp based CBD oil business. Hemp is very different than marijuana and has none of the crazy restriction that comes with it. I just want to know if I need a special license to sell hemp products, or will a standard business license suffice?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

3/8/2018
LegalDan
LegalDan, Attorney

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - are you going to sell any products that have TCH in them or any products that can be seen as drug paraphernalia?

There is no THC in the products, only CDB derived from hemp, and no drug paraphernalia.

Great - thank you for your response - to answer your question there is no special license that you would need to sell hemp related products.

I hope I was able to answer your question - can you please rate me with 5 stars

LegalDan
LegalDan, Attorney