Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

My lawyer, DB, who was paid for 2 cases $28,000, wants a…

Customer Question
My lawyer, DB, who was...
My lawyer, DB, who was paid for 2 cases $28,000 , wants a withdrawal from both cases. As he was paid ,and neither case is finalized I opposed his withdrawal . A certificate of service was filed on my opposition from him, DB, from withdrawing. Certificate of Service is on the docket for my opposition. He, DB , states I have to do a writ of execution on both cases .What is this and how do I file it??
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Has the court heard argument on the motions? Why is lawyer seeking to withdraw?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
One motion was in November 2017 and the other Febuary 2018. DB wants another $20,000 from me and cases only total $40,000. He, DB, dissolved a garnishment on Debtor's bank account who owed me $22,000 without my knowledge or consent. Other case was I had to get another lawyer to finish a case as he left without telling me. I paid the other lawyers to finish case. After 2 years we were to go to arbitration. DB never notified me about this either . Total cases are worth $38,000 but he wants more from me then the cases are worth. I told him who have not even finished the cases I paid you for.
What do I do next for court. The Writ of execution? This is in Bucks Co. PA
All you need to do is oppose the motion and wait for court to decide or schedule argument. No writ is needed.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, electric went out with internet. So I wait for the court to respond? The first motion for opposing withdrawal was 3 and half months ago. How long does it take the court to respond?
Court will often decide within 120 days. Either side can check with court on status.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Infolawyer, Attorney