Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Is Trump's tariffs on metals in effect already? Let's say,

Is Trump's tariffs on metals...
Is Trump's tariffs on metals in effect already? Let's say, you purchased some metal buckles and other items online from a foreign nation, who's gonna have to pay those tariffs through customs now? The importer (me)? Or the exporter (foreign nation)?
3/7/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

The tariffs are not in effect yet. The final plan has not been set forth yet. The tariffs are planned for steel and aluminum at the manufacturer and wholesale level being imported to the US. A consumer would not directly pay the tariffs, it would already be in the retail price. There are other tariffs on final products such as washing machines recently, but those would be in the price of the item already. The exporter from the foreign nation would be charged the tariffs and most likely increase the price to the importer.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney