Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

After I incorporated a new company in MA what form do I file…

Customer Question
After I incorporated a new...
After I incorporated a new company in MA what form do I file to issue shares to myself?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Business Law
3/6/2018
Business Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 1 month ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Here is the stock certificate you would fill in and print out to show you were issued the shares.

https://www.northwestregisteredagent.com/pdf/corp-stock-certificate.pdf

You would keep a copy of this in your corporate notebook with you other documents and a second copy for your personal files as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I file the share certificate somewhere?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is the sole incorporation naturally a shareholder in the state of Massachusetts?

Yes they are and you don't have to file the certificate anywhere.You just keep with your articles in corporate binder.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I need to report to the secretary of state that I am the shareholder of the new corporation?

No you do not here.You just keep the share certificate in your records.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I need to report to the state government or federal government that I am the shareholder of the new corporation ?

See if your articles referenced this.

ile Articles of Organization in Massachusetts

Once we have verified your company name, incorporate.com will file your Articles of Organization with the Massachusetts Secretary of Commonwealth. The filing includes the following information:

• Corporate information: The name and purpose of the corporation. The purpose can simply be "engaging in any lawful business."
  • Stock: All corporations must authorize stock. The filing will list the total number of shares and par value, if any, of each class of stock that the corporation is authorized to issue. If only one class or series is authorized, you do not need to specify a particular designation. You will also be required to state the preferences, limitations and relative rights of any class or series of shares, as well as any restrictions on the transfer of shares.

If you did not list stock then you will need to amend your articles with secretary of state and send copy to IRS.I'm sorry I thought you had referenced this in your articles already if not you will need to amend here.

Long day thanks for your patience.

Reference

https://www.incorporate.com/massachusetts.html

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The articles of incorporation does in fact state the authorized stocks. It also states that the concept of par var has been eliminated.

So then here all you need is the stock certificate and nothing to IRS since its already in the articles here.

Thanks for letting me followup.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How would the government know who is the shareholder?

If you sent the IRS the articles they just know that there are shares.They wouldn't need to now who the shareholders are.You might sell the shares someday.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Which form do I fill to let the IRS know about the shareholder information?

You don't if the articles indicated there was stock issued.You would report it only if there is a stock sale.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I report taxes and the IRS wants me to prove that I'm the shareholder what do I use to prove that I'm the shareholder?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is nothing that needs to be filed when the sole incorporator becomes the shareholder of the new corporation. Is my understanding correct?

Thats correct because the articles already include stock issuance.Thanks again I appreciate the chance to help you .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now, if I want to hire you to make a shares certificate how much do you charge?

Sorry I only answer questions , JA has terms of service I cannot take clients offsite.Thanks for asking I am retired.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay. Could you give me your phone number?

I only answer questions here online thru the site.Ask anything you want here online, you can post for Ray only.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney