Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I was sued in small claims court for $1500.00 that the

Customer Question
I was sued in...

I was sued in small claims court for $1500.00 that the plaintiff paid to a Corporation that isnt mine. how can I show proof other than the articles that i was able to pull up and I also presented to the courts.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since business law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the corporation is registered in?

Also it is a Michigan corp

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Yes a judgement was filed against me in july 2017 which I just found out about

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The answer from the court was mailed to a wrong address which caused me not to able to appeal

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
Also I was served at my correct address. I have to submit supporting documents that indicates that an individual cannot isn't liable for a corporate debt. Especially since this isn't my corporation. I presented the articles to the courts. plaintiff had a written agreement with the company, not me.
Answered in 1 day by:
2/28/2018
Business Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Your Question:

Response: Generally, you cannot prove a negative. However, if the Plaintiff has method of payment that would show in a bank account, then you have to present the statement from your bank account during the period that the payment was made to show that the payment was not received by you because you are not the owner of the corporation that the payment was made to.

Response 2: That's all you need to show.

Goodluck with your case,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.