Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

California Estate has partial ownership possibly majority of…

California Estate has partial ownership...
California Estate has partial ownership possibly majority of an old non operational delaware c corp operating as a foreign entity in nevada and non operation but owns land parcials. The decedent was part owner of the corporation and what appears the only surviving shareholder. The estate apparently has tried to locate any remaining shareholders without any luck. What to do in this situation, is their a public notice to be given and then estate can move forward on selling the parcials and distribution of asset or is there a statue of limitations that has to be abide by.
2/17/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Thanks Ray appreciate it. Just wanted to add that the land parcials are in Nevada.

Here you would need to motion the probate court in Nevada for ancillary probate and legal authority to sell the property and close out the estate.You are going to need a Nevada lawyer to file such ancillary probate and orders to sell the real estate.Any funds then are sent to the California estate for distribution.

No way around a Nevada lawyer and ancillary probate if the lots are located here in Nevada.

Reference to Nevada ancillary probate

https://www.probatenevada.net/probate/ancillary-probate/

Lawyer referral

State Bar of Nevada  

3.02 Google reviews

Attorney referral service in the Clark County, Nevada

Address: 3100 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89102

Hours:

Closed ⋅ Opens 8:30AM Mon

Phone: (702)(###) ###-####/a>

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney