Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I bought a stock worth $5000 from small startup company. In…

I bought a stock...

I bought a stock worth $5000 from small startup company.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

In Ohio A year later, they have come up with

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

A new company agreement for all invesors to sign, but I want out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I refuse to sign, and demand removal form this group of investors?

2/14/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney

You would have to find a buyer for the stock. You should ask the company to repurchase your shares for $5,000 and ask the other stockholders if they would like to buy you out and take over your shares. Then you can get your money back and be out of this investors group.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

What if I dont sign this agreement?

Then it is not binding on you. You are under no obligation to sign it.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney