Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am trying to find an attorney that is familiar with the…

Customer Question
Hi, I am trying...

Hi, I am trying to find an attorney that is familiar with the Fedex Ground Contract, we are contractors and we need to change our business in the middle of the contract year and Fedex says we cannot do that, we can only sell the business.?? Thanks, Trish

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Florida, same town here, we need attorney directed familiar with the contract I think. We have not talked to attorneys here.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are way behind on 941s and irs wants the business shut down and so we were hoping to close the business and re open under a different name and person. but fedex says we can only sell it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 5 days by:
2/16/2018
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

I have some clients who do work for Fedex so I have some familiarity with their business. I'd have to look at your agreement but typically a shut down of the business is a default under such agreements.

This would not be a shut down, the goal would be to close the business thats linked to the 941 issue,,,irs wants it closed. Then start a new in my name with a new ein number. Does that mean on paper we have to sell??? From him to me, thats what fedex is saying. Thanks Trish
No you can dissolve the company as opposed to selling.