Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Client just opened a rental car agency in miami-dade using…

Customer Question
Client just opened a rental...
Client just opened a rental car agency in miami-dade using our virtual office.What is all the permits we need for him to operate virtually from our office at the address of 28 W Flagler st suite 300-B Miami Florida 33130? Also, how can I register the client with sales tax for Florida? please give me a step by step.
The only thing we have done so far is the company is registered with sunbiz and has an EIN. We should have a fleet insurance in the next few days. We are missing all the permits and registrations with the county and city
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/7/2018
Business Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist. I am a licensed FL attorney with over 25 years experience.

First and foremost -you will need a Business Tax Receipt from the City of Miami.

All the steps are provided on the City of Miami website:

http://www.miamigov.com/home/startingabusiness.htm

There is no state license/permit required.

For the county licenses, regulations and rules - here's some helpful info:

http://www.miamidade.gov/licenses/business-licenses-for-hire-transportation.asp

https://www.miamidade.gov/business/laws-rental-car.asp

Have I answered all you questions?

If so, please be sure to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.

Lori, this is not a very step by step of what needs to be done: such as county local business tax receipt - city business tax receipt with certificate of use - apply for sales tax and use with florida

Okay. I will opt out to let another expert assist.