Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I need a lawyer who knows Arizona CPA ethic laws? I am a…

Customer Question
I need a lawyer...

I need a lawyer who knows Arizona CPA ethic laws?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am a CPA. I need to ask something about who and what I can release to a business clients who has multiply partners.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Business Law
I have a business client who is a restaurant. This restaurant has multiply partners. One partner, Mr. Chen, is the point of contact. I haven't really personally met with other partners. If these other partners request accounting records, shall I comply to them? One of them called and said Mr. Chen cooked the book and I should be release any doc to him. So, I am getting in the middle of them. What do I do to protect myself?
I got a typo there.
One of them called and said Mr. Chen cooked the book and I should not release any doc to him.
Answered in 2 days by:
2/9/2018
Business Lawyer: Ely, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Ely, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.) It looks like you have had to wait for an answer and for that, I apologize. Normally questions are answered quickly. However with a difficult answer such as yours, it may be hard to find an expert to tackle it.

This depends on what positions those partners occupy. I am going to assume the company is incorporated? If so, your client is not Mr. Chen. Your client is the company. As such, the following are considered individuals who speak for the company:

-OFFICER;

-PARTNER WITH MAJORITY INTEREST;

-DIRECTOR; or
-ANY PERSON APPOINTED BY THE COMPANY TO BE ITS REPRESENTATIVE such as Mr. Chen.

Otherwise, minor partners or shareholders will have to request said records from the company, and not from their CPA.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.