Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Are medical providers aware of any type of laws is there a…

Customer Question
Are medical providers aware of...
Are medical providers aware of any type of laws
is there a law that protects a health care provider to sign a return to work form for example a medical or clinical specialist
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
1/19/2018
Business Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Attorney replied 4 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney

Under Texas law, medical providers are protected as long as they sign a return to work form in good faith and put down honest responses based on information that is documented in their notes.

In other words, if they act in good faith, they are protected.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

I need help with what texas law allows a medical provider or health care provider to sign a return to work form.
Please. Thank You.

What specifically are you looking for?

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

I am looking for some type of state or federal law or regulation that allows a health care provider to sign a return to work form. My employer is stating that it has to be signed by a doctor and the registered nurse with the master of science in nursing and a cs signed it because she was the treating health care provider. She has a license number and a dea number. I found this it is from cornell law is it published and accepted.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/29/825.125
29 CFR 825.125 - Definition of health care provider.
eCFR
Authorities (U.S. Code)
What Cites Me
prev | next
§ 825.125 Definition of health care provider.
(a) The Act defines health care provider as:(1) A doctor of medicine or osteopathy who is authorized to practice medicine or surgery (as appropriate) by the State in which the doctor practices; or(2) Any other person determined by the Secretary to be capable of providing health care services.(b) Others capable of providing health care services include only:(1) Podiatrists, dentists, clinical psychologists, optometrists, and chiropractors (limited to treatment consisting of manual manipulation of the spine to correct a subluxation as demonstrated by X-ray to exist) authorized to practice in the State and performing within the scope of their practice as defined under State law;(2) Nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, clinical social workers and physician assistants who are authorized to practice under State law and who are performing within the scope of their practice as defined under State law;(3) Christian Science Practitioners listed with the First Church of Christ, Scientist in Boston, Massachusetts. Where an employee or family member is receiving treatment from a Christian Science practitioner, an employee may not object to any requirement from an employer that the employee or family member submit to examination (though not treatment) to obtain a second or third certification from a health care provider other than a Christian Science practitioner except as otherwise provided under applicable State or local law or collective bargaining agreement;(4) Any health care provider from whom an employer or the employer's group health plan's benefits manager will accept certification of the existence of a serious health condition to substantiate a claim for benefits; and(5) A health care provider listed above who practices in a country other than the United States, who is authorized to practice in accordance with the law of that country, and who is performing within the scope of his or her practice as defined under such law.(c) The phrase authorized to practice in the State as used in this section means that the provider must be authorized to diagnose and treat physical or mental health conditions.
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney