Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

What is the term should be used if we ask for the up front…

Customer Question
What is the term...

What is the term should be used if we ask for the up front payment indicating their seriousness when the subscriber asking for 2 months due dilegence

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Indonesia...not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Not yet, we are in a very preliminary state of discussion with the subscriber

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are a private company having license for limestone, the raw material for cement..currently we met a very serious cement producer for China who is interested to build cement factory using our material...they would like to do a final preparation for two months before signing a definitive agreement..i am thinking should they are serious we will issue new shares to be subscribed....we havent prepare yet, but we are thinking we should ask their kind of serious commitment by asking commintment payment because there is another investor who is also interested?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/19/2018
Business Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney
Hello. Let me see if I can assist. The term I believe you are referring to is an "earnest Money Deposit" which indicates the seriousness of the subscriber.
Hope that helps.
Please remember to accept my response and to post a positive rating.