Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I'm considering providing what I call spiritual life

Customer Question
I'm considering providing what I...
I'm considering providing what I call spiritual life counseling or coaching. If I work in Illinois, offer services online internationally, and am able to legally provide services from anywhere I travel I'd have my dream come true. My question is about legal restrictions.Are there regulations that differ from state to state? Do you detect any red flags in my ideas?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Business Law
1/18/2018
Business Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney
Hello, let me see if I can assist. So long as you are not acting as a licensed professional counselor (which requires specific education and licensing requirements from the state of Illinois) you are able to operate with just under a state registered entity with a general business license at the county/city level. You will need to incorporate and obtain an FEI from the IRS as any business.
Be sure to check out the state license requirements for LPC to be sure you don't need that license (sounds like you don't).
Hope thar helps.
Please remember to accept my response and to post a positive rating.
My interest is to go international and online. The response that I got seems to only apply to the state and I’m in which is Illinois. And I knew the information given in this answer.
Once you have the state licenses in place I don't see any problem operating online or internationally.
Please opt out of this question page