Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I got served papers for infringing on a company's trademark.

I got served papers for...
I got served papers for infringing on a company's trademark. I spoke to the plaintiffs lawyer and they agreed to drop the lawsuit if I promise to stop using their clients name. Should I have a lawyer go over the agreement to make sure I know what i'm agreeing to or are most lawyers ethical?
1/16/2018
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me try to assist you. Generally, there are some ethical attorneys out there but I would always recommend that you have an attorney review it so that it is not one-sided or more favorable to the company at your detriment. There should be a full release of the company's claims against you and a dismissal with prejudice of the lawsuit filed against you (if already filed).

Hope that helps.

Please be sure to accept my responses and post a positive rating.

Lori
Lori, Attorney
Lori
Lori
Lori, Attorney