Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Do you need a lawyer to file the paperwork for a non profit…

Customer Question
Do you need a lawyer...
Do you need a lawyer to file the paperwork for a non profit organization home church and also which form do I need for ny state ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Business Law
1/15/2018
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Not required. An accountant can do it for you although some lawyers handle the filing. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to represent myself do I need a lawyer
No. Form is 1023.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
also if I don't file 1023 form what other form can I file
https://www.charitiesnys.com/faqs_taxExemption_new.html
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I have to file form 1023
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
For a non profit church
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's a youth group
You also need federal recognition.
Need federal recognition too.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why do I need to file the 1023 non profit church
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just wanna start a home church
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you there
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello
To be recognized as a 501c at federal and estate level and not be taxed. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Infolawyer, Attorney