Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Explain with prejudice verse without prejudice. Which one…

Please explain with prejudice verse...
Please explain with prejudice verse without prejudice. Which one allows you to re -file a claim?
1/15/2018
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me try to assist you. First off, without prejudice is the dismissal that allows you to-refile. A Dismissal with prejudice means the claim has been fully adjudicated or fully waived and can never be revived by the claimant. If a claim has been dismissed involuntarily (like by a judge), the claimant may have certain rights to appeal the claim but otherwise can take no action as to the claim at the trial level.

Hope that clarifies.

Please remember to accept my response and post a positive rating.

Lori
Lori, Attorney
Is the county law clerk in Bucks Co. PA the prothonotary office?

Not the law clerk - it would be the court clerk.

Here's the link:

http://www.buckscounty.org/government/RowOfficers/Prothonotary

I still to not understand . Prothonotary clerk old me to ask court of Amen Courts .

Guess I am misunderstanding your question. What are you trying to file? Let me know and I will find the right court clerk for you.

Lori
Lori
Lori, Attorney