Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am representing myself.The civil lawsuit for personal

Second opinion] I am representing...
Second opinion] I am representing myself.The civil lawsuit for personal injury list me as "first name lastname dba my-spa-business-name". My business is registered as an S-Corp and the name is "my-spa-business-name Inc." since 2012.I am answering discovery questions and they ask...3.0 General Background Information�Business Entity3.1 Are you a corporation? If so, state:(a) the name stated in the current articles of incorporation; (b) all other names used by the corporation during the past10 years and the dates each was used;(c) the date and place of incorporation;(d) the ADDRESS of the principal place of business; and (e) whether you are qualified to do business in California.Since they didn't sue the corporation, is it correct to answer "No." since I am an employee. Or am I expected to answer "Yes." since I am 50% owner with my husband?
1/15/2018
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

First, you are not a d/b/a, you are a corporation which is a different entity. They have sued you personally whereas the suit should have been filed against the corporation. You might be personally liable too, but only if you caused the injury yourself, i.e. you were driving the truck that ran over the plaintiff.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. (Scroll to the top of this reply to locate the rating buttons.) If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Thanks

Thanks for the rating. Good luck with your case.