Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have a vendor that was charging me about $50 per month for…

Customer Question
I have a vendor that...
I have a vendor that was charging me about $50 per month for a service. I cancelled the service but didn't pay the outstanding balance right away. They continued to bill me the $50 per month and claimed that I would continue to be charged $50 per month until the original balance was paid. I disagreed and thought that was ridiculous but they continue to send me invoices each month and I continue to refuse to pay them. The balance is now over $1000. I asked them to provide an agreement or law that gives them permission to bill the way they are billing. They did not but continue to send bills. What can I do? Can they bill me what they are billing me?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
1/12/2018
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What does the contract specifically state about cancellation and outstanding balances, since that will govern what you can do with this matter?

I've asked them for a copy of the contract and will update this ticket once received.

Thank you for updating me.

Infolawyer, Attorney