Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

1) Per Building Department the California Health Code

Customer Question
Hello, 1) Per Building Department the...
1) Per Building Department the California Health Code prohibits them to provide a copy of the plans in their possession to the public. Please provide the section of this code if it exists.
Building Dept. allows you to come to their office to review the plans but can’t make copy. But Planning Department will give you the copy of the plans for a cost.Thanks.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/12/2018
Business Lawyer: Michael Lykken, Esq,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael Lykken, Esq

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney and I will be helping you with this question. Thank you for using this service, and please understand that I can only provide you with general information here. Now that the formalities are out of the way, I am going to check the code and get back to your question.

If you can't find the code, that is OK. Just forget the quesion. Thanks.
We can not rate this attorney because he did not provide a resonse to our question. Thanks.
Business Lawyer: Michael Lykken, Esq,
 replied 7 months ago
I'm sorry, this question didn't show up on my list. Everyone has the right to review building permits, which includes submitted plans. I am not sure of your exact question, but you should be able to at least look at the plans without payment. You can be required to pay a fee for copies of the plans, which is common with most state entities.