Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Can a startup Logistics Company incorporate as an LLC in…

Can a startup Logistics Company...
Can a startup Logistics Company incorporate as an LLC in Texas when it's members reside in NC and consequently the office also but the business operates out of Texas?The cargo, dispatch, and trailers all originate from Texas and delivers across the country.
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/11/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Yes, even though the members reside in NC, they can form a Texas LLC and all they need to do is have someone in Texas who can accept lawsuit (service of process) service for them in Texas named as agent for service. As long as you have a Texas agent for service, you can file your LLC in Texas.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney