Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

In California, can I close a partnership account. And if my…

In California , can I...
In California , can I close a partnership biz account.
And if my partner opened up a dba with a bank using this companies name and I close it will his dba still be "good"?
1/11/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
if name on account can close it. Any name on account can do so.Closing account won’t affect dba.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I don't understand why it would not affect the dba since there is no longer a company by the name he is off of. He also said sole prop. I think I understand. I will go close it since he put a tro against me due to mental unfit to run the biz, actually due to " I would not shut up about how much he was stealing and would not be a good wife and obey".
Closing the account won’t impact it. Closing the entity would.
how do i close the "entity"
Partnership can be dissolved with the state and final return filed.
Accountant can close it for you.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Attorney
Infolawyer, Attorney