Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

In our church bylaws, article seven states the following.

In our church bylaws...

In our church bylaws, article seven states the following. The article is titled INDEMNIFICATION: To the maximum extent permitted by Article 1396-2.22A of the Texas Non-Profit Corporation Act, as it now exists or as it may be amended in the future, the Corporation shall indemnify and advance expenses to persons who are officers, directors, employees directly. The corporation shall not indemnify or advance expenses to such person for any amount by a third party pursuant to a plan or contract of insurance. What does this mean in plain English? Thanks, Bill

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me where the nonprofit is registered?

Midland, Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.The language is relatively standard. To not discourage people from serving as officers and otherwise they are protected and covered in the event sued for something related to their performance.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
That was great. So obvious when interpreted into simple English. I read it again and am able to understand now. Thanks!
One more question. If it doesn’t increase the fee. This is my last question. Who is the third party?
Third party is anyone.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy new year!Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Attorney