Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I buyout my 50% shareholder in 2012,but she not resigned…

Customer Question
I buyout my 50%...

I buyout my 50% shareholder in 2012,but she not resigned what can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Va

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

I changed in annual report and she not getting k1 since 2013

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That’s all

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Business Law
1/7/2018
Business Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. I will try to assist you. If you paid for your partners shares and you now hold all shares (certificates), you have the right to throw her out. If she refuses to leave, you call the cops to have her removed for trespass. You can change the corporate records in the corporate book and online to remove her as an officer, director or shareholder. You can also seek a restraining order against her to keep away from you and the business.

Hope that helps.

Please remember to accept my responses and post a positive rating.