Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

My business is registered in Delaware as an LLC with a

Hi Pearl, my business...

Hi Pearl, my business is registered in Delaware as an LLC with a partner. My partner is no longer with the company. I would like to move the business to PA where I live. I am also changing the name of the company but would like to keep the EIN as it's been an established company of 8 years.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

Delaware

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

In Delaware or PA?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing else

1/5/2018
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive business law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: This may be possible, but you need to contact the IRS in order to do so.

Inform the IRS of your new business name. Write to the address where you filed your return if you are a sole proprietorship. A representative of the business must sign the letter. Include your EIN number on the letter. Fill out form Form 1065 for the current year if you are a partnership. Mark the "name change" box on page 1, line G, box 3. Write a letter to the IRS informing the agency of the change if you have already filed a return for the current year. A partner in your firm must sign the form. Fill out Form 1120, and ***** *****ne E, box 3 on page 1 if you are a corporation. Fill out form 1120S, and ***** *****ne H, box 2 on page 1 if you are an S corporation. If you have already filed your return for the current year, write to the IRS at the address where you filed your return and inform the agency of your new business. Include your EIN number and have a corporate officer sign the letter.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-royhadavi/ Or, simply request “Roy only” in the first line of your question.