Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I need advise on making late elections for an LLC that would…

Customer Question
I need advise on making...
I need advise on making late elections for an LLC that would like to file as a Sub S corp
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
1/5/2018
Business Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. I will try to assist you. Some states allow for the conversion of an LLC to S Corp by filing a Certificate of Conversion with the State. You actually convert to a C Corporation first and then make the election with the IRS to be an S Corporation. What state is your LLC registered in?

Lori
Lori
Lori, Attorney