Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I CURRENTLY leasing a store that sells tobacco products and…

Customer Question
I CURRENTLY leasing a...

I CURRENTLY leasing a store that sells tobacco products and there is a liquor store opened next door is there is any law that prevent the new owner of competing with me in the tobacco business by me being there 2 years before him in the plaza

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

No nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was a partner in this liquor store but I got out before starting the business

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2018
Business Lawyer: JeniferPJD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
JeniferPJD
JeniferPJD, Attorney
Hello and welcome to JA, my name is ***** ***** I’m happy to assist you with your question. Generally, government regulations do not prevent two businesses from selling the same product within close proximity to one another. However, certain commercial complexes may institute contractual restrictions in their leases to prevent occupancy of similar businesses within the same commercial complex. Such information can often be located within the tenant lease or may be requested from the landlord.I hope this information was helpful. If so, your 5 star review would be greatly appreciated. If you have additional questions, please reply here and I would be more than happy to help.