Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I need assistance with a business closure. My store was

Customer Question
closed inappropriately. Now they are...
I need assistance with a business closure. My store was closed inappropriately. Now they are suing for the remaining lease and a personal guarantee.I have the following areas I need support with.
Proving breach of quiet enjoyment of property.
The extent a corporate lease includes the sidewalk -how many feet across the sidewalk infront of the store front.
Proving Fair Market Value was not obtained by qualified appraisers.
Proving a verbal contract was in effect.
The minimum amount of time given a business to respond to a 3rd demand for payment.I have to represent myself in court. If it is possible to reference case law or law of some sort that would help.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 6 days by:
1/9/2018
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Are they suing you or you and the business?

Also, given the questions you are asking, you are more than likely heading in the wrong direction on this. Why was your store closed inappropriately, please explain?

What was the breach of enjoyment of the property you are claiming?

There is nothing in the law about "extent a corporate lease includes sidewalk" as sidewalk is generally common ground owned by the city or in a plaza by the landlord open for common use.

Why is FMV important to your argument, what does it have to do with them breaching the lease or with you breaching the lease?

Did you have a written contract for lease? If so, the parol evidence rule prevents you from even introducing any deviations from the written lease with any verbal statements.

There is no minimum time to respond to a THIRD demand for payment.

Infolawyer, Attorney