Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I'm moving my 30% ownership interest of an LLC to my newly…

Customer Question
I'm moving my 30% ownership...
I'm moving my 30% ownership interest of an LLC to my newly formed S-corp. What document or language do I need on the LLC side as well as on the S-corp side to properly document such a change?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Business Law
1/2/2018
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

You would need a transfer agreeement or a purchase agreement. You need to review the Company or Operating Agreement of the LLC and look at the section regarding transfer of interest.

Where can I obtain a simple transfer agreement template? Because it's between myself and my own S-corp, I don't anticipate anything complex.
You may google or use legalzoom. I could draft one. But again there are possibly some consents required by your LLC company agreement.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.