Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I signed a merchant agreement contract with a company in NY.

Customer Question
I signed a merchant...

I signed a merchant agreement contract with a company in NY. After two years of the contract I noticed different amounts were being pulled from my bank account. I repeatedly tried to contact the company for six months, call, emails, etc. and no response. I put a block on the payments at my bank. So they filed a civil suit and the response they provided showed that they added another company name for the processing company. Also we searched the company who brought the lawsuit and there are over 100k complaints on the ripoff report. So if they added this processing company's name to the contract after both were signatures.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Yes the company filed a civil suit and we filed our response. We are waiting on a telecom with the judge for a decision.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/27/2017
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

what can I answer for you?

If you are asking if the agreement is void, yes it is voidable, meaning you may void it based on misrepresentations and fraudulent conduct by the company including imposing charges never agreed to.

Please let me know if my reply is acceptable, and feel free to also reply and follow up. Happy new year.

Infolawyer, Attorney