Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Zoey I would like to take someone to court I have voice

Customer Question
recording and a several text...
Zoey I would like to take someone to court I have voice recording and a several text messages stating they owe once I go to my county clerk of courts and file to have the papers served how am I sure that the person won't disregard the letter in the mail and avoid the court date.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/25/2017
Business Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

Thanks for requesting me. I'm typing an answer which you will get shortly.

You can't. If the person is properly served, you have done what you can to ensure that he knows to be in court. What would happen if he ignores the suit is that you can win the case by default. It's in his interest, therefore, to come to court, because if he shows up to fight the case, he at least would have a chance of winning.