Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I have an LLC question. Texas. I have an official LLC. I’m…

I have an LLC...

I have an LLC question

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

I have an official LLC. I’m opening my own restaurant and everything is solely in my name and under my own LLC

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nasty divorce. My ex just sent me a threatening email stating he actually changed my LLC paperwork to make him the subsiderary

12/24/2017
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nasty divorce. My ex just sent me an email stating he actually changed my LLC paperwork when he filed (I instructed him NOT to put his name on ANYTHING) he stated he made himself the “holding company” and any dime my restaurant makes will have to go through him since he is a subsidiary. He also said he will claim taxes?
If you are saying he forged your name on LLC filings with the state then those filings are void, as forgeries, and you can contact the secretary of state’s office and alert them to what your ex did. They will remove the forged documents from the official record of your LLC.
Additionally, he could be charged by the state with forgery and intentionally filing fraudulant documents.
If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He is also a licensed attorney in the state of Texas. I caught him with a co worker, and he’s come after me at every angle for “exposing him”
You should also alert the Texas State Bar and they may take action discipline him for ethical misconduct. He could be suspended or even disbarred from the practic of law.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m trying send you his actual email to me. I don’t know how to proceed forward
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it possible that he did this? How can I find out?
As I said, contact the secretary of state in Austin.
https://www.sos.state.tx.us/contact.shtm
They will be able to undo anything he may have filed without your permission on your LLC.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. Once that is done, will they be able to see if he forged anything?
Will they inform me if he did so I can press charges?
You can also contact the county prosecutor and Texas state bar to take criminal and administrative action against him.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hoping you were able to see the email he sent to me.
Am I reading his threats correctly? Is he really saying he forged my LLC?
the Sec of State will be able to check for any other forged filings he may have done.
You are very welcome.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.
Thank you!
Loren, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. Putting 5 star rating now
You ar very welcome. Thanks for using JA.
Loren, Attorney