Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

If a plaintiff discovers through continuing research that a)

Customer Question
the claims in their complaint...
If a plaintiff discovers through continuing research that a) the claims in their complaint are faulty but they may have additional claims they failed to assert can they revise the complaint to add the new claims?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/21/2017
Business Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. It depends on the timing and the rules and procedure of the court (state or federal). Generally, a plaintiff can amend a complaint without leave of the court if the defendant has not answered it. However, if the defendant answered it, then the plaintiff must seek court approval before amending the complaint.

If you want to discuss this further, just let me know. I am happy to assist you. Possibly I can find the exact statute for you if you give me what court it is.

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.

Business Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for using Just Answer!

Infolawyer, Attorney