Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Have a LLC registered in Delaware. I reside fulltime in NYS…

Customer Question
have a LLC registered in...
have a LLC registered in Delaware. I reside fulltime in NYS and wish that the LLC operates its business in nYs. What paperwork do I need?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/18/2017
Business Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. Pursuant to the New York Secretary of State: "A foreign limited liability company may apply for authority to do business in the State of New York by filing an Application for Authority pursuant to Section 802 of the New York State Limited Liability Company Law. Attached to the Application for Authority must be a Certificate of Existence from the official who files and maintains limited liability company records in the jurisdiction of the limited liability company. (Please Note: This official is generally the Secretary of State, and many jurisdictions refer to the Certificate of Existence as a Certificate of Good Standing.) The Certificate of Existence must be dated within one year.

The New York Department of State does not give opinions on what activities constitute doing business in New York State for qualification purposes. You may wish to review an Opinion of Counsel entitled "Doing Business" in New York: An Introduction to Qualification.

Section 204 of the New York State Limited Liability Company Law includes provisions relating to the use of certain words and phrases in the name of the LLC. Generally, the name of the entity may not include a word or phrase restricted by another statute unless one has complied with the restriction. Certain words and phrases also require the consent or approval from another state agency prior to filing the document with the Division of Corporations.

The completed application, together with the filing fee of $250, should be forwarded to the New York Department of State, Division of Corporations, One Commerce Plaza,***** Albany, NY 12231."

You can find this form and complete it online at the following link: https://www.dos.ny.gov/corps/llccorp.html#fappauth

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!