Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

What do i need to do to solidify a business name no one can…

Customer Question
What do i need to...
What do i need to do to solidify a business name no one can take from me? what is the first step?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/18/2017
Business Lawyer: legalg, Attorney replied 2 months ago
legalg
legalg, Attorney

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Congratulations on your new business enterprise.

First one need to check with the secretary of state to ensure the name is available:

https://www.sos.state.tx.us/corp/namefilingsfaqs.shtml

Then one would verify there are no existing trademarks:

https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/search-trademark-database#heading-1

For protection one can trademark their name:

https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-getting-started/trademark-process

Please see below for a step by step process:

https://www.sba.gov/blogs/how-choose-claim-and-protect-your-business-name-online-and-offline

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalg
legalg
legalg, Attorney