Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Dec 14th 2017 Regency Fiduciary of NY.. told me that they…

Customer Question
dec 14th 2017Regency Fiduciary of...
dec 14th 2017Regency Fiduciary of NY.. told me that they have funds in escrow for me s a restitution
for losses I incurred in Binary option trading..involvd id 125,000usd plus fees I paid already and now the funds are used 131,990 ...they keep phoning me to make a list upfront payment of 5250 USD before releasing the funds.
I have a nagging feeling of being scammed ..their phone numbers are 1-877-2857059 ;202(###) ###-####(###) ###-####877(###) ###-####-please advise if upfront payments are mandatory before releasing funf=ds held in escrow
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
Business Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Do you have a website for Regency Fiduciary?

www.regencyfiduciary.com. they claim to be from NY
no I prefer a written answer

Thank you. Please give me some time to look into the company and type you a response. JustAnswer will email you when I've posted your answer if you don't want to just sit and stare at the computer screen while I research and reply to you.

reason is I want to scan and send to them so they leave me alone if they are scammers
ok thank you***@******.***

When once you're the victim of a scam, you can look forward to your scammers coming back to you and making unsolicited contact in new disguises to take advantage of you all over again. The most common way in which they do this is to claim to be a government agency, recovery company or law firm who can get you your money back. For an upfront fee, of course, and then another and another and another and another and another and so on until you either run out of money or catch wise and realize you were scammed all over again.

The New York Secretary of STate's business register shows no such company as Regency Fiduciary of NY doing business in New York State. It would have to be there for tax purposes.

The website claims it's registered with the SEC. It is not a registered financial firm. In fact the website's only been around since August and will expire within the next 10 months.

A recovery agency would take a percentage of what they recover for you and withhold that from the check they send you. This outfit will be phishing for your bank account information and is looking to steal from you.

Have nothing more to do with them. They are thieves. Block them and send them no money. Report them to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.