Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Do all subcontractors have to be licensed and insured on a…

Customer Question
Do all subcontractors have to...
Do all subcontractors have to be licensed and insured on a multi-unit renovation, specifically an interior painter, that has general contractor that pulled a master permit?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/14/2017
Business Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Not all construction activities require a license. Certain activities like painting are not licensed construction activities.

You can learn more about the difference here:

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/division/servicesthatrequirealicense_construction.html

There you will see that painting, installation of cabinets, wood and tile flooring, and insulation are activities that are not licensed.

You can also find the statute and regulations here:

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/cilb/statutes.html

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald