Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I recently resigned from my job a few weeks ago and

Customer Question
Hi - I recently...

Hi - I recently resigned from my job a few weeks ago and forwarded a few emails to my personal email - it was nothing of much significance - just mainly some contacts I wanted to keep in touch with that were vendors. Can my old company come after me for doing that?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Colorado No, not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Nothing yet - but they have threatened me about possible action

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Business Law
12/13/2017
Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 2 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive labor law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: There are two factors to consider.

• If you are using the contacts for any purpose to would harm the former employer, or that they fear would harm them, they could file legal action against you for violating the Colorado Trade Secret Act.
  • If you signed any confidentiality or trade secret agreement with your former employer, you would be prohibited from retaining this information.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi